The EnVest Foundation is a social philanthropic organization comprised of a network of members with charitable mindsets who understand that meaningful and consistent giving is the pathway to becoming a philanthropist. Our charge is to identify, train and develop a consistent pipeline of smart donors to fulfill the communities social goals.
Since its charter in 2005, the EnVest Foundation has cultivated a strong membership of young civic-minded individuals. Current programming and activities include:
- Curriculum: The curriculum, which includes two Philanthropy 101 classes, Celebration of Philanthropy Forum (Philanthropy 201) and the Bellwether Series (Philanthropy 301), is designed to transform members’ casual philanthropic habits into engaged and educated philanthropy.
- General Membership: The annual general donation of $300/$25 monthly allows the Foundation to encourage and support an individuals philanthropy. Membership donations also support EnVest events, programs and the general operating budget.
- EnVest Donor Advised Fund: A donor advised fund is the most flexible fund. With this type of fund, you consolidate all of your charitable giving into one invested vehicle. Once the fund is established, you may recommend grants at any time for $50 or more to a 501(c)(3) public charity. You can use your fund to recommend donations to the charities to which you already give, and/or we will provide information on organizations or areas of interest to assist you in choosing your grant recipients. This type of fund is useful for donors who want to be personally involved in their giving.
- Philanthropic Advisory: Members are provided with a synopsis of non-profit organizations' overall effectiveness, key accomplishments, and other relevant statistics (e.g. number of individuals served, revenue growth and other benchmarks).
- 40under40: This annual event recognizes community leaders who are making a difference in the lives of everyday people. The Foundation has honored 200 recipients for outstanding service in their community and professions and has built its reputation with a network of people with similar professional and social passions.
- Volunteer Opportunities: The Foundation coordinates volunteer opportunities throughout the year for members who have a strong passion for directly serving and connecting with nonprofit organizations. Internal EnVest committees serve as a training ground for nonprofit service
The EnVest Foundation is designed to serve as an incubator for current and future millennial philanthropists. We aim to help each of our members and friends reevaluate their philanthropic capacity, thereby creating a new generation of donors who will address society’s most pressing needs. The Foundation stands ready to educate, motivate and inspire your growth of philanthropy from initial stages of awareness to full-fledged engagement.
"Redefining the profile of a philanthropist"